Tuesday, November 05, 2002

Bloggin’ by Deaf Mute Take 2

Alright mo’ Fo’s I am going to try this again. I am sorry that I have been so remiss in Blogging. The past week or so has been a bit crazy. It started with Thursday. First I spent three hours scouring the web trying to find a way to open up my router so that I can blubster. Every reference I saw suggested setting it up with features that did not exist in my router’s interface. After digging around I came to find out that you had to be psychic and know that a firmware update would provide these features. Bastards.

Next I spent two and half hours cleaning and waxing my fine automobile and prepping for the crazy All Hallow’s Eve debauchery. Around 10PM we left our friend’s house to head down to the Castro district for the craziest street party action I have seen. In fact it took about an hour just to walk from the closest point public transportation would take us (Van Ness and Market) to Castro Street. I have never seen so many great costumes before. The Gir (In dog guise) was great. Bender ruled! The free mammory exam booth was pure genius. All in all some 100,000 people showed up for a surprisingly good time. That place was off the hook. Finally we rocked out of there and we got back to my car at 2am.

On the way home... YeeeHaaaa! I T-boned some other person’s car. Air bags and all fired off, although Aimey and I never touched the bags during the crash. Must have been the absolute minimum speed to set them off. Broke the front right axle of the other car. Both cars had to be towed. So much for the wax job, I should have just given myself a hand job instead. As far as I can tell it was the other drivers’ fault, but who knows? Insurance may see it differently. I got home at 4am, was up at 6am and off to work, on little to no sleep and jittery as hell. Suck balls Chopper.

Saturday I did get to go out and hang with Ja –el (After an incident where the police shut down 2 BART stations that brought the system to its knees) and explored the gaming store action of San Jose. Cool store, but it was no BrookBlurst. Speaking of which, it turns out that BrookBlurst holds a corner on the Peter Pig market in the US. According to the store we went to, BrookBlurst is supposed to play nice with other retailers and act as a distributor in the US, but apparently it doesn’t. Fuckers Jerks.

Watched the Sting Ring of Fire. Pretty freaky, but the ending was a bit of a let down. One scene in particular really got me to jump. It was the first real scary shot and it was rather unexpected. I think the movie is worth a go see.

Happy Birthday to you, Tbone! I was presented the present of T-bone v.2. So I am chillin’ on a commuter bus chock full of people standing and.. SLAM the breaks lock on the bus and BOOM, it hits a car on its left hand side. I could not see the crash, but then I head the squeal of spinning tire and saw the car fly by and go headfirst into the corner of a concrete building. Not pretty. The accelerator must have been stuck. The passengers had to be dragged out of the window after some pedestrians broke out the side window to recover them from the smoking remains of the car. D’oh! After no involvement in a single accident for 9 years, I get the thrill of being involved in 2 crashes within a 100-hour period. Car crashes suck!

Hopefully I will have photos of the Castro craziness next time I see you.

Rudy, get an Intel board only if you get an Intel processor and like getting reamed. Intel boards are great for servers andcorporate environments but not gaming enthusists. Besides Intel is just to expensive of bang for your buck, although they are getting better. The only problem is they will not put out a good chipset with anything other than RamBu$ ram. Shit is twice as expensive as DDR. Go AMD (VIA Chipset) with Asus, Soyo, or Abit MoBo. All three are very good manufactures. Go with Nvidia for video. ATI has some good hardware (They actually have the fastest card out Radeon 9700 series) but their drivers are not so good. Ask Jon, he will give you an ear full. Consult mix master Eric, he knows his shit too, so drill his colon for info or for mud.. Take your pick. One thing that Eric said is totally true without fail. In all my years of experience of computers I have discovered there is no such thing as a good cheap computer, Deals are usually not deals unless you compare apples to apples, and making your own computer is often rewarding but can be frustrating sometimes. You get what you pay for! Finally here is a rule I live by, there are three options with a computer, Cheap, Fast, and Reliable. PICK TWO. No such thing as all three in one box.

Want suggestions.. check out this article. I trust these guys' opinions on hardware. They have three levels of machines.. Mix and match crap from the Budget Box and the Hot Rod... http://arstechnica.com/guide/system/index.html

Vicious Kanid