Friday, October 04, 2002

PBI at the Local Game Shop

Speaking of which, I was at Scenario Hobbies, the local Paul Freilers of Fremont, and I saw some people playing PBI. The really unique aspect, was that they had two identical boards set up with a divider with one moderator that watched over the action. I think they were trying to simulate the "fog of war" effect which was really cool.

Downsides to that though, is it seems the game turn lasted forever, almost twice as long as a normal 20 minute turn and the moderator seemed more busy than usual. Second the nobody could go anywhere and people were just sitting at their desks for half the day.

I think to improve on that, and what would make it more fluid is that, I think the Grid idea would be great. We should test out the effectiveness of using the Grid based PBI combat system and setting up two boards, provided of course you have enough for that. If not then we probably can't do this anyhow.

It's kinda funny now, but I think it wasn't so funny then. I remember 5 of my guys were shooting and blazing away at Aarons seargent, who was out in the open, and my guys like threw 5 grenades that all missed. This was all within 10 feet. Then his seargent turns around and throws one grenade that lands bulls eye and wipes out my squad. Fun times!

My Wermacht Stick grenades awaits your green poorly trained american cannon fodder. I'm trying to get a hot date next week to the Renaissance fair that goes on around here. If she agrees, one for the axis! so actually I was thinking of planning a trip down there the week after next. I need a place to crash though!

thanks for the thoughts.