Friday, September 27, 2002

De Bellis Antiquitatis - The hell, it's hard to find

Dboal looks cool. i doubt I would want to pay 9.95 monthly to play the online version though. The hotseat is pretty cool if stinky aaronovich will come over and play the game with me. Kingmaker and countless samurai games also awaits.

Anyways, from the replays, I like the simplicity of the combat. It seems like it's a mix between a really simple game like battle cry and a more complicated system like PBM. There are still combat values to account for, but combat resolution is very simple. The results are either death, retreat, or stay (stalemate).

Finding a copy of the rules seems to be the more difficult proposition. I looked at my local shops and I didn't see anything. There are several online retailers that the home site links to, but the sites are unnavigatable and using the search function hardly finds the game.