Sunday, September 01, 2002

Broken, but not defeated

Well here is how I see it.. Yeah it has been happening for a while now and I have been none too thrilled about it. Always complaining about everyone other than Eric disapearing from the regular gaming group and cunvynshun tyme. And now I am one of those guys. D'oh. I am terribly torn about the whole situation. It is not an easy decision, over which I have spent many hours stewing on.

My take on it is as follows. Those of us who have lost the passion for gaming, well nothing can be done about that. What is lost, is lost. But for those of us still interested in gaming, there is a twinkling of hope (dare I say). Mike is pretty much gone for several more years in England with the occassional appearence (GenCon Only?). But it seemed pretty obvious that he will return to the states and perhaps SoCal after his hiatus in Cambridge. Jon sounds like he will be cruising around the US for a bit, but likely will return. Neither of those two have lost their thrill for gaming. Eric... He may or may not stay in the area as a result of us all leaving. Me you ask? Well I do not think I will be in San Francisco for much beyond two or three years. I would like to return to the southbay at a later date. I would still like to attend the Con much in the same vain as JohnnyConLate. This one and GenCon unfortunately were not in my pocket book this year as a result of preping for the move to SF. I will not let that become a regular thing. I am assuming that everyone that is able to, will still desire to attend the Cons (maybe a bad assumption on my part) much like we did in the college days. In a way, that situation made us cherish the con so much more. Instead of it being another weekend in our weekly gaming routine, it will again be a time for the guys to get together again.

I have not, and never will lose my passion for gaming.

The Fellowship may be broken and has some hard days ahead, but, Sauron has not yet claimed victory. For a while we all must go on our seperate paths to be victorious later.