Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Game reviews:

I forgot we played Aliens. I liked it! I was probably an hour past when I shoulda gone to bed that night, but I enjoyed playing it. If we would have tackled it as a morning game, it probably would have had a very different dynamic. I've already played the shit out of Marvel Legendary, so all the changes for Aliens really stood out as pretty cool. Don't sell it off just yet!

Dead of Winter: I liked it a lot more than I expected. My sinuses were shitty ALL weekend, so I wasn't at the top of my game (sitting at a table and being TOP), but I'm super glad we got a game of it in. I would totally play it again. I wouldn't buy it, but would play it a few more times.

Doomtown: That one is pretty tough to breakthrough, but I think I got a taste of the system. Seems like it would totally be fun if I had the time to invest in learning the cards. Elrick did a pretty good job teaching a pretty dense system. Maybe when Jdawg moves back to LA I can get into it.