Tuesday, August 13, 2013

| WORLD IN MOTHERFUCKING FLAMES

In news that no one probably cares about: I just happened to check in on the World In Flames forums to giggle at how not close they are to finishing the conversion coding project to take it from epic board game to epic computer game. Now, I've been following this for at least a decade (no, that's not a typo), and the progress has been.. well... what the hell is slower than glacial? haha. Anyway, out of NOWHERE, BAM... the update is thus:

August 1, 2013 Status Report for Matrix Games’ MWIF Forum Overview Roughly speaking, on January 1st of this year the game was 98% done. Sometime in the spring, it reached 99% (when the code for Supply completed alpha testing and went into beta testing). Since then I’ve been working on the first decimal place, and as I write this I believe the game is 99.9% done. That is, I’m working on the second decimal place. Given that there are ~420,000 lines of code, 0.1% translates as 420 lines of code. That doesn’t convert directly to a specific number of bugs, but the current bug count under 100 seems about right. Now I just need to grind away at the remaining bugs.


Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?

Am I the only one that remembers playing this on the giant magnet board at the con? haha