Tuesday, August 20, 2013

| Slayer

Tonight I finished watching the entirety of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix. After having seen every episode now, I realize I barely must have watched it when it aired, because while I could vaguely remember some episodes and events, for the most part it was all new to me. Great show! I'm going to go out on a limb and say I didn't enjoy it quite as much as it's spin-off Angel, but they're so tonally different, it's kind of apples and orangutans. I've been re-watching Angel in conjunction using this suggested order, which is easy to do since everything's streaming nowadays. But yeah, for the most part, the crossovers are very light and unessential. They just make everything a little funner.

Played my first game of Sentinels of the Multiverse tonight as well. Didn't finish since I had to go to work, but it was super easy to learn and play. Doesn't seem easy to win at this point, because I really whiffed it a bunch when it came to different strategies. Once I know the cards better, I'm sure I'll do better. I ran HAKA and RA vs Blade Baron in the DINOLANDS. I used this variant that Elrick mentioned yesterday, and this being my first play of the game EVER, didn't seem too broken or cheesy. The "support deck" being just all the unused hero's main character cards flipped to the dead side worked really well! I can imagine running 3 full heroes getting complicated and unwieldy.