Tuesday, November 20, 2012

| Stuffed Lipps (,INC.)

I believe the offending novelty item was a set of stuffed lips.  While my memory is somewhat, er, MOSTLY cloudy, I think that was the item that doubled as a 'lets all go to the lobby' phallus and a video camera stabilizer when we stuck the camera on the dashboard.

So, I have no evidence to PROVE Enron did it, I think all we have to do is look at his past behavior to convict him on this one.

Yes, I'm an asshole for not wanting you to honk, and it wasn't so much honking at the dude with the sign, it was more because we were sitting at a traffic light, stopped, surrounded by cars - I didn't want to be the assholes honking for no apparent reason stopped in traffic.

Chess and Wylie

So, sort of out of the blue, Wylie wanted to start playing chess.  For a six year old, he doesn't suck - he can remember, mostly, what all the pieces do, although he still tries to move his pawns backwards or diagonal, but mostly he get it.  The thing is, we sort of actually play real games because I am so bad and unfamiliar with chess in general.

I will usually let him know if he is moving a piece that is clearly going to get taken on the next turn and ask him if he's sure, then he usually looks at the board and says "AAAARGH!" and points to my piece that will take his the following turn, and then redoes his move.  However, it's not like I can go for the throat or anything because I just don't really know how a game of chess is supposed to flow!

If he asked me to teach him Blood Bowl, or Combat Commander, or Memoir '44 or something, I would know certain things to do, not to do, what to look for, etc. and I would know how to take advantage of a weak opponent (usually!), but with chess it's just not the case.

I usually don't praise Wy to other people because I am mostly annoyed by parents that constantly talk their kids up to anyone who will listen, but in this case I am absolutely, genuinely, impressed. :)  Next up he says he wants to learn piano!  WTF?