Friday, November 23, 2012

| Gobble

Happy Thanksgiving!

I made my first turkey ever this week. I'm doing one Friday for my parents who are coming over, but I also did one on Tuesday as a test run. Came out surprisingly well! I did Alton Brown's brine for the turkey. I was worried it was gonna be super salty or bland, but it came out right in the middle and had a pretty good flavor. Not PERFECT but really good. It only took about 3 hours in the oven and nothing was particularly complicated. The brine was simple to whip up and the most nerve wracking part was waiting to see how it would taste after soaking in a brine for a day. Put my 2nd turkey in another brine tonight and this time added a few more items to the mix, so looking forward to tomorrow's turkey. It's been turkey all week (had Turkey at my ladies families house too)!

PS Watched all of Sex House the other night and it was hilarious! What a great webseries. Really funny and they nailed the Real World style reality show perfectly. Alan Moore of creepy comic book writing fame is writing a web series now. I watched the first "short" and it was good. Looked amazing. The colors and style were really awesome. Act of Faith
It's kinda "sexy" so maybe don't watch it with your parents or kids. Also, it's Alan Moore who seems like a deviant, so whatever you're expecting, that's pretty much what's there.