Wednesday, September 05, 2012

| Minecraft

Minefold  Check the bottom of your account settings, I believe.  That's where it tells me how much time is left on my premium account.  And now that I think about it, doesn't it tell you in the top right of the website once you log in?  I thought there was a little bar up there counting down your time remaining?

Minecraft I've been spending my Minecraft time playing with Wylie.  He sits at the desk behind me and has his own account on his own laptop and we use the new 'open world to LAN' option, which basically means every single player world is running as a server, all you need to do is open it up to the LAN and others can connect.

When he earns time to play by himself (homework, reading, chores, etc.) he plays in creative mode and mostly creates giant lava and water flows, huge houses made from colored wool, and spawns tons of creatures, only to have them blown up by aggravated creepers.  However, he did stumble upon animal husbandry all on his own and has giant packs of wolves (and wolf pups, awwwwww) following him around.  Woe to the spawned creatures that he unleashes the wolves upon!

When we play together, we do survival mode.  He is legitimately scared of creatures in survival mode, and freaks out if we become separated when exploring a cavern.  It's pretty cool to watch him experience some of the same thrills that I did when I was young and playing video games.  I remember being SO SCARED when iJP and I played "Transylvania" on his Mac back in the day, not to mention Doom II when I was a teenager!  We are in constant communication when we play together, and discuss what needs to happen next, why, and how to get there.  "I want the blue armor!"  "Well, to get blue armor we need diamonds.  To get diamonds we need to get metal pick axes.  To get metal pick axes we need to find ore.  Then to find diamonds we need to explore caverns or dig really, really deep." etc.

Nerd family bonding at it's best.  Next step, red box character creation!