Friday, September 07, 2012

| Look at Blogger, Michael

Family Love Blogger.

Been too burnt to play games at night, so I've been melting my brain watching movies instead.  And I'm reading some books, too (REAMDE, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, and Ready Player One, if anyone cares)!

Mission Impossible: III Not the worst movie ever.  Well paced, improbable but fun, I didn't want to kill Tom Cruise by the end (I did before, and I do after, however), and there is a sort of shocking and abrupt end to one of the characters that I was impressed by. Which character?  You're gonna have to read the book to find out!  Check it out at your local library!

Cabin in the Woods A very Elzar twist on the standard horror/slasher flick.  I liked the idea, the execution was good, not the worst movie ever.  I'd recommend it to anyone who thinks they know what an Elzar twist on a standard horror/slasher flick might mean. The only downside is if you take the two mythologies surrounding zombies where one is the undead rising from the grave and the other is a man-made epidemic - this movie sides on the man-made side, which is a bit of a bummer for me, but now that I think about it, that's not really true either... Check it out!

The Other 'F' Word A nice movie to watch if you like the punk rock.  It mostly follows Jim from Pennynose on tour an what it means to be an aging punk rock singer touring for most of the year away from his family.  There are also interviews with other punk rock dads to sort of round out the flick (Flea, Fat Mike, the singer from Rise Against, Lars from Rancid, Rob Chaos, etc.).  I give it two middle fingers up and think everyone should watch it if they can, regardless if you like the punk rock or not - at the very least it's an interesting view into punk rock parenting.