Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I totally remember Race Wars basketball, haha. I think that was outside Paul's house. Not sure whether the whitefolk or racials won though.

I'm exhausted man. Spent most of the day dealing with legal. In the morning I walked through the app design with a paralegal. Her boss was supposed to come but didn't. Then I spent the whole rest of the morning emailing back and forth with her boss who could've just gone to the meeting and asked all these questions in the first place. She was freaking out about issues that were settled long, long ago, by other people, much higher paid than me.

At least it went better than last year's meeting with legal. That time, I was going to meet with a different lawyer on the Spanish version of the app. Before the meeting I sent her a numbered series of screenshots in a .zip file. I mentioned in the email that since the application had not been translated yet, the screenshots were from the French version and were just to set context. I went to the conference room and waited ten minutes; she didn't show up. I went over to her desk and she started berating me for sending the pictures in a zip file. Berating is not too strong a word either, she was bizarrely pissed about this file.  She said she had no idea what to do with a zip file and she didn't think her $100-an-hour independent counsel could figure it out either.

She also pointed out that they were in French instead of Spanish, which I had already fucking told her. The best part was that she insisted there was no way to tell what order to look at the screenshots in. I pointed out that they were ordered in a system called "numbers" and that in any case, I was planning to walk her through them in the intended order anyway.

It's hard to get across, but she was seriously nasty about all this stuff and the whole encounter was really heated. I ended up just walking away. My bosses were totally unsurprised because she pulled this kind of shit all the time. I think I ended up just putting the shit in a powerpoint and sent it off and never heard anything from her or talked to her again (and I don't work in a big company, I would see her all the time in the kitchen or whatever and she'd just turn away).

Unfortunately that charmer's last day was yesterday so I didn't get to deal with her again. I think she went to a much higher-paying job at another company, but I like to think that's a cover story and really she had to go to Bitch Jail.