Wednesday, July 18, 2012

| Geez

Just listened to How to Clean Everything, again, , and frankly, I feel bad for Propagandhi.  I mean, how can you possibly meet or beat that record in content or quality?  I would HATE to have that album to live up to with every subsequent release in my career.  And it's like 20 years old!  Fuck!

Jesus H. Chris knows it, and he downplays how amazing the record is by sort of complaining about it and saying he doesn't really like it (but still likes some of the songs) - that sounds like he's trying to find a way to get the 800lbs gorilla off his back because while there have been some pretty good Propagandhi tunes since then, NOTHING compares to HtCE.

I know, I know, I sound like the Cure fan that only wants them to play songs off of Staring at the Sea or Disintegration, but I guess I sort of am :)