Sunday, February 12, 2012

| WoW > SWTOR

SWOTOR Pros:

- Dialog trees - Fun that there is some interaction with the quest givers.
- Space combat - I didn't think that an on-rails space shooter, a la Rebel Assault 1995, would be fun - but it is!
- Your own ship (for what it's worth)! It doesn't do much, but it's still a neat idea.
- It's Star Wars - childhood dream come true! Sort of, see Cons for more.

SWOTOR Cons:

- The group/instance system kinda sux. It is difficult to know a) threat levels, and b) who is attacking who. These things make all the difference between a good group system (WoW) and a bad one (SWTOR). WoW is absolutely the standard for excellence in their grouping system and I have become spoiled. WoW is like a finely tuned machine and SWTOR is like a DIY conversion kit.

- Repetitive quests. I think all MMO quests are sort of repetitive of course, but for some reason, maybe beacause most of them are indoors, the quests in SWTOR have started to bug me. Might have something to do with the dialog trees attached to ALL quests...

- Dialog trees - Neat in small doses. Maybe would be good for the major quest lines, but man, I am fairly exhausted listening to EVERYONE ramble on about their petty bullshit they need me to take care of :) I know you can spacebar through it, but that seems wrong.

- Clunky - It's just a younger, more clunky interface and game compared to WoW. WoW has it so freaking dialed in now, it is slick as sheet.

- It's not the Star Wars I want to play - I want episode IV - VI and beyond, not a Star Wars that is 1000's of years before episode IV.

I'm going to go back to WoW, and of course welcome anyone to join me (which will NEVER happen I know, but if Enron liked SWTOR, maybe he would be willing to try out WoW now).

Best thing about MMO's is you can almost always go back and pick up where you left off. If SWTOR gets it together and adds some radicool features, I very well could come back. And we will always have the memories of jr0n's heartless decision to pump the engineers out to the vacuum of space to keep us warm at night. :)

PS Genovah is now your new benevolent Action Team Guildmaster! All hail Genovah!