Tuesday, February 21, 2012

| worst game ever

Nah, it was totally fun! It took 8.5 hours for 6 players. I was this race that kind of looks like Space Gollum and started out between Josh and Matt. Matt was playing some warmongering asshole race and Josh was playing these space geniuses who are bad at fighting but really good at research. They both had really nasty warmongering races on the other side of them so we kind of had a truce to start out with.

I made a really dumb mistake early on by not scouting some planets before landing on them which got one of my carrier transports blown the eff up. (To be fair, I'd never played with that variant rule before.) It took me about a turn to recover from that militarily, but I was able to keep doing things to score points in the meantime, so it wasn't horrible. It did make me kind of the weak sister though so both Matt and Josh were able to score some easy points off me.

I began to drink heavily and plot revenge. I built a technology that let me move SUPER fast, a war sun (basically a death star) and used my super speed to get up in people's grills and fuck shit up. I made a pretty good run in the end game and scored a bunch of points. I also tried setting up a complicated political scheme that should have netted me another point or two. Unfortunately one of the other players was having none of that and blew up the council while it was going on so that didn't work out. Ended up tied for second with Matt but getting third on tiebreaker. If my political scheme had worked I would've netted second. Bah!

Anyway I can see a TON of mistakes I made and a path to victory I could've taken. Gotta play it again!