Tuesday, February 21, 2012

| Boardin'

I took my girls son and his friends snow boarding this weekend up at Big Bear. We dropped them off at 8am and spent the day cruising around Big Bear doing random shit like bowling, drinking, and eating. The skiing/snowboarding stuff looks really scary/fun, but neither of us have much experience (she has some, I have none). We're going to go up to Mt High maybe next week and take some lessons during the week to see if we can get into it. Kind of a weird sub culture. Hung around the slopes a little and it was pretty skeezy - lots of drinking and smoking (cigs and weed) and they played lots of kinda janky music - stuff that I ASSUME are bands like Fallout Boy. I predict a lot of stupid lip piercings and bad swoopy haircuts. BUT, I bet I would have loved that scene 10 years ago. Have any of you snowboarded? Is it corny for me to try skiing first? Few weeks left to Beachbody Con, can't wait!