Tuesday, November 29, 2011

| Art of War

As the design of the game stands, it could not be directly ported to a desktop version. That is absolutely NOT to say that a game in the same spirit, and with similar mechanics, would not work. I have dabbled with the idea many times myself, and just kicking myself in the pants for the poor management of the project as well as the timing: it was a GREAT smartphone app just waiting to be designed RIGHT BEFORE the iPhone came out, but instead was designed for an XBox - WTF?

You know me, I'm always up for a project challenge and I think AoW:Cardboard Edition might be pretty cool. The Rummy-esque mechanic certainly fits with the "3 in a row" unit activation mechanic of the video game. Could be abstracted out, but maintain the same feel and spirit of the game.

Thoughts from the designer?