Monday, October 04, 2010

| The new Bad Religion...

... is just okay so far. I have really only listened to it a couple of times all the way through and only a couple of tunes stick out. Pound for pound, it isn't as good as the last album, but Greg Graffin's voice is very comforting to me and it still is good to hear some new songs. It is still worth picking up IMHO.

The bonus songs on the album are live versions of Generator, Best For You, Pessimistic Lines, and How Much Is Enough. Admittedly, those are not my favorite BR tunes (except Generator. I really, really like that song for some reason), it made me go back and listen to Against the Grain, No Control, and Suffer this last week.

BR is celebrating its 30th year (!), and there is some crappy comp coming out with some crappy bands covering some classic songs.

Where would my music tastes be today without the influence of this band?