Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sounds like your laptop is hella gayed out Ja-El. Your laptop probably likes to look at weiners alot. Are you sure you didn't download "Steem"?

Every couple years I get obsessed with the idea of chit wargames. Lately I've been really wanting a solo wargame. After some research (reading boardgamegeek at work for three straight hours) I picked up "Field Commander: Alexander the Great." Hopefully it's good, I'll post a session report, especially if I can get Myke to translate it into ancient Greek for me.

Work is interesting. There is definitely the sense as I near my end date that everything is collapsing. The other day a department head, not of my department but one who has to work with ours and has an investment in ours remaining functional, stood next to me at the urinal and whispered, "would you stay in QA if you got a 25% pay raise?" I think this was a serious proposition and that if I wanted to I could move into a manager position at the dept. I have no desire to do that though, I think I'd go crazy very, very quickly.