Saturday, July 24, 2010

Someone talking to me while I'm pissing is completely inappropriate. I don't know how to act! Do I make eye contact? Ugh, I've held my pee because I've seen dudes going in before me that will 1. pick the fucking middle urinal every time and 2. make small talk while I'm trying to pee.

I need some solo games too, so can't wait to hear your review. Also, I assume Eric has tons of exp playing solo and hope he can provide some nice suggestions.

My latest obsession in the podcast world (and what will probably make up most of my driving-to-tahoe listening selection) is "The Best Show on WFMU with Tom Scharpling". Here's the wiki page and you can find the podcasts of it on itunes: LINK!

It's one of the few things in the world that makes me laugh out loud. It's just a weekly call-in radio show from Jersey, but the host is really funny and there's a regular cast of callers, both real and fake. The podcasts cut out the music he plays (probably licensing stuff) but it's all about his interactions with the callers. Kinda slow paced at first but I highly recommend giving it a shot.

One of the regular real callers is this kid named Milo (sounds around 9 or 10) but on a recent episode (which might be a good start point) the kid is telling them about his D&D game, and it just so ridiculous and funny. If you subscribe, it's the June 15th episode with Paul F Tompkins. Love it!