Saturday, July 25, 2009

| Awkward

EDIT: oh btw, sorry to hear about your accident. I got rear ended before. The good thing is his insurance co. should cover all of it, and your engine still works so it's just a matter of taking it to the car shop for repairs.

-------------

I just had one of those 'queasiness in the stomach and not sure how to react moments'. One of my cousins that I haven't seen for a long time came over to our house to pick up something. He's one of those wierd ones. Extremely quiet, and I mean either between calculating and socially ineptitude (not sure to which pole) but generally quiet towards me. Admittedly i was never close with this guy, and he never talked much towards me, but in the past at least as cousins, there would be exchanges of casual talks.

Well, so he came into our house and I greeted him at the door and looked right at him, expecting at least a return greeting after not having seen each other for years. So I waited, the few seconds that seemed like eternity.... and nothing. He looked down at his shoes? In my mind, I wondered, ok, how much does it bother this guy, that we are semi-relational, entering into MY house, the host greeted him, and he doesn't even bother to greet back or at least wonder 'hey how are you? haven't seen you in a long time'. Basically, I wondered what I should do next, so I just turned around and went into my room.

Admittedly, I wasn't there for his 2nd wedding, and the birth of his kid. I wasn't there in any major events of his family life after our teen years. But then, just to be fair, I don't think the guy was there for me either. Still, it doesn't mean you can't exchange pleasantries with people you are partially family with. Does it? I don't feel it should. Lack of closesness doesn't mean complete estrangement.

-------

anyway, so are we still playing this BB league games or what? There's been no posts at all.