Friday, June 12, 2009

| Kayak Report

I went! It was hard and/or awesome. I ended up going to the Long Beach one because I have a big meetup group going in a couple of weeks, so I wanted to get the lay of the land. It's far into Long Beach. Like, getting to Long Beach Airport from my house is like 20-25 minutes, but this place is DEEP in there away from the freeway, so kinda too far. I didn't roll! At the end, when I was getting out of the kayak I had gnarly wobbly legs and fell to my knees in waist deep water. Madness. Otherwise, I was SO paranoid of flipping the whole time, I just played it cool. Lasted about an hour then called it quits cuz I was spent. I def need to work on my form - couple times I slammed into the sides of some rich people's boats - yikes. Then I'd paddle all fast away trying not to get caught. That area is really nice - has these canals and it's called Naples and feels like Europe. No waves, most of the time the water was like glass. I had to cruise through some people taking sailing lessons, so that was cool.

You guys should try it!

So tired.