Monday, March 09, 2009

| This Kobold will Help Us Find the Earth!

Saturday was a stellar game day. I really enjoyed playing 4th ed and hope you guys did too! My feeling is, I have now engaged enough with the tactical side of the system, to let it fade into the background and focus more on the RPG side of things and allow the unique role playing goodness to really shine forth. 3rd level or bust!

I'm really glad you liked BSG Aeryk. I agree that it is a lot of fun and it will be stellar at Kubla. Don't get overexcited and burn out on it like you did with Arkham Horror! Love it, but don't smother it. (Imagine that you are a woman with large boobs, and your man likes boobs. Stay with the boob size you have! If you got a boob job to get bigger boobs, you could smother your man with your boobs.) It plays 3-6 but I think the game group's consensus after several plays was that it was best with five.

Personally, I feel like the premise of BSG is straightforward enough that I "get it" without having to watch the show:
- All the humans are on the spaceship.
- There also another, smaller spaceship, but nobody ever goes to it.
- Once in a while a human spontaneously mutates into a Cylon. I think this is a parody of evolutionary theory by the writers.
- Where is the robot dog? In the expansion.
- Asian chicks and long-haired lotharios are more likely to be evil.