Monday, March 09, 2009

| BSG: The Boardgame

Jon, Enron and I played this game for my first time Saturday night, and I fear that I am getting overly excited about it and that it will be a bright shining start that fizzles too early, but I gotta say I have not stopped thinking about it since playing it and want to play it all the time!

It hits the perfect sweet spot for me between co-op play, wargame, resource management, THEME, THEME, THEME, and the ever important traitor element.

Being a fan of the series, this game is like playing an amalgamation of the shows in a fun, and yet unpredictable way. I have no clue as to how Jon must look at the game and all the theme having never seen an episode before. While explaining the rules, Jon said, "And for some reason, here is this 'Cobol' card. Apparently, this is where we are trying to go?".

I think this game will be an absolute blast at Kubla and think this single game is reason enough for Ryan to make the trek up north!