Saturday, June 07, 2008

RED RINGS OF DEATH!!! Oh that sucks man if it's dying on you, but apparently it will happen to all of us sooner or later. You might as well put in the call to 1-800-4MY-XBOX to get your replacement. Linky

Quick, tell me a DS game to get that will get me to take it out of the box and use it! Not an adventure game, because I've played most of them, or will rent them (like Hotel Dusk.) Animal Crossings? Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin? I need direction like the Bad Religion song!

Yeah, the Lego games are "cute" and the cutscenes are "humorous" but there's just something that totally doesn't click with me! I can't figure it out! If I had friends or kids to play the co-op with, I'm sure I'd like them a lot more. But even though I LOVE the Indy movies, the game just leaves me cold.

Not cold is the Phoenix Wright games. Oh my gosh, I'm so in love with them. Playing the last case in the 3rd game, and it's SO good. They got some really good writers/translators/localization-people. It's just funny and smart and just super charming. Sometimes the game mechanic of just dialog to the nth degree gets boring and old, but overall it's just such an amazing series.