Tuesday, May 06, 2008

My favorite piece of GTA mayhem that I've committed was when I was discharged from the hospital and Enron suggested that I turn around and go inside it. Soon there was a pile of corpses around the waiting room and exit, blood all over the sliding glass doors, and cops parking outside and persistently going for the choke point of the narrow doors. It was definitely a humanity point moment.

I just rewatched Temple of Doom. It was WAY better than I remembered, actually pretty good and Kate Capshaw, while annoying, was nowhere near as bad as I recalled. It is pretty intense for the entire last hour though, and definitely was worth inventing the PG-13 rating for... I remember it being fairly horrifying when I was nine.

In retrospect I wish I'd learned the most important lesson about how to handle women from that movie. I would have gone to school every day wearing a leather jacket and carrying a whip and totally emulated his move where Kate Capshaw is walking away and Indy is all "whp-PSH!" and lassoes her around the waist. I would have been the coolest kid in school for sure and definitely would have gotten to at least first base at the junior high prom.