Sunday, December 09, 2007

| Nugs

Rugs: If you are looking for the Raiders conspiracy, look no further for motive on the part of the NFL... Al Davis. Everyone hates that bastard.

eLzar: Crocs? Fur lined or not, a croc is a croc. Just don't take it out side the house . After all, I have a pair of Uggs that I wear in the house sometimes, but never outdoors.

My parents used to get Xmas trees from farms when I was a little kid in Ohio. I have vague memories of driving out to them and watching my dad saw the tree down. Last year my gf bought a fake Xmas tree from a retailer that wanted to get rid of their display tree. We bought a $200 tree for $20. It's pretty cool, pretty realistic and doesn't have some of the down sides of the usually Christmas tree. Although I do very much miss the smell of the real tree. I don't think I would spend 200 on a tree like this, but at 20, it works out real nice. Storage is the biggest downside though.

It is hard to tell which is more green since there are a lot of pluses and minuses to each type. Of course the fake ones are often made from PVC, not a real eco-friendly plastic that can sometimes contain lead. On the other hand the real trees can be a pesticide issue and a municipal waste issue. Since I got the tree second hand, I don't feel so bad though about the plastic bit.

The waves were huge here too after the big storm hit off of pacific northwest. 12-15' swells. I don't know how big the waves were but they were brutal.

So, Thursday we had our company party from 1pm until 4:30pm and then our tenant party from 5pm until about 8:30pm. I didn't do too bad keeping myself moderated until the after party. My manager, her husband and another friend decided it was a fantastic idea to go out and drink more. Despite my better judgment, I went along with. Oh boy, after my 10th drink, I was feeling pretty good. All the way until I got on the train to go home. After the usual bumpy, jerky, twisting, turning ride on the N line, I barely got off the train in time. Got sick three times in the gutter while walking one block home from the train stop. Ooof. Next morning I discovered I got splatter on my suit jacket, pants AND dress shoes. Boy do I feel "smrt". Not the worst hangover ever, but definitely in the top 5. The best part of the night was when my manager asked me to help her walk while holding on to my arm. Well here I am drunk, wearing leather sole shoes in the rain and "assisting" another drunk in heels. Next thing I know I ask myself, "why am I being pulled down?" and I fell on top of her. Good job eNron. I didn't feel so bad though when another one of our group fell down a couple of minutes later.

I don't know if I told anyone this, but the Strategicon has returned to the classic home: The Radisson formerly known as the Wyndhym, formerly known as the Hyatt. I guess David will be attending this President's day. Also their website, while plain and simple, is a HUGE improvement over the previous "1996" supped up animated gif, <HR> frenzy that it was previously. They even updated to PHP. Maybe management has seen the light. Or perhaps new blood took over.

eNron [D>M>]