Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My family went plastic tree years ago. We're very bleeding edge Blade Runner cyberpunk that way. Christmas just isn't the same without the smell of warm vinyl.

An Escape From L.A. sounds good. But I probably won't be able to do it until after March. I'm in the process of planning a trip to Japan in February. Going alone. Since I don't speak the language, preparations are that much more involved. It's basically going to be a shopping trip. Hentacle '08.

This bit of news is enough to make me seriously consider moving out of the country:

WFT?

I actually ended up buying Hellgate: London. A bit buggy (luckily for me more annoying buggy than crashy buggy). I've only played with a sniper character, so game play is like a so-so FPS. Storyline is ok. Quest based missions (kill X, kill X number of X, go to X) like WoW (question marks, pick your reward, etc). It does play like Diablo II though. The emphasis eventually becomes that of finding better equipment. The equipment customization is interesting enough to keep you grinding. So that's an improvement over Diablo.

Does anybody know any good books on game theory by any chance?