Wednesday, November 07, 2007

| welcome to 1998 eric

Now that I've totally offended eric and he'll come back with a totaly mean low blow, GLAD u like the book!

Sidenote.. I'm blogging from my goddamn cellphone (full qwerty keyboard tho) cuz powers been out here since around 130 and good thing I took off from work early today to sit in my fucking powerless house and fuck ya it got dark early and its cold as shit.

Anyways. Funny thing, this chick at work I sit next to, kinda a book worm too. Few months back I'm all, "hey, ever read harry potter?" no she sez. Read it I sez. She does, gets hooked and jams thru all the books. What's next she asks? Oh try some neil gaiman. She jams thru american gods and a few others I haven't read (but sandman doesn't really do it 4 her.) Neeext? Oh, try some fuckin game of throrns! She loved that shit too! She's about where ure at eric on book 2.

I been re-reading along with her so we can discuss, but ima bout half thru book 3. I got book4 in my storage unit so ill knock that out soon too. Here's where u can prepare 2 be bummed eric. Aint no more books after 4 cuz that fat cunt of a writer is too busy doing fantasy conventions and molesting kittens! Argh! He sez ya maybe next year is book 5... ya right. But ull enjoy what's out there. The endless waiting part just bites.

Yeah, 2nd read thru, names and relationships flow a lot easier. 1st time too, my ass was truggling. Something that kinda helps and are fun 2 read are the 2 short stories he did set in same world (but 100 yearsish b4) that they made into graphic novels. "The hedge knight" and "sworn sword." Cool stories, but best part is u get 2 see visualized lotta cool stuff like the different coats of arms and just general armor, weapons, etc kinda shit. And gives u some backstory on some of them last names u read and "heroes" that get mentioned. Fuck ya, that series rocks.

And hbo series is gettin worked on, GRRM sez he had 1 script written 4 first season, and he'll exec produce rest. 1 season per book. Lets see if that show ever actually happens.

Goddamn, I fuckin hate having no power. Too dark 2 read, I can't do nothin, fuuuuck