Monday, November 05, 2007

That cat picture cracks me up every time I see it. Good call.

I'm still too sick to return to work, but I'm just healthy enough to feel completely stir crazy. I've been putting some effort into going back and beating the first two Guitar Hero games and I must say, it has been a banner day.

Guitar Hero - FINALLY beat Cowboys from Hell & Bark at the Moon on Expert.
Guitar Hero II - FINALLY, FINALLY beat that fucking Heart song "Crazy on You," as well as the Stray Cats song. The Stray Cats song isn't bad, but it's really tough. The song by Heart is probably my least favorite song in the whole series with the possible exception of the Sonic Youth song in GHIII. Not only does the song blow but the first minute of the song is incredibly challenging. I also managed to blow through two of the Tier 7 songs on my first try, and seem to be doing OK so far with "Madhouse" (Anthrax) and Psychobilly Freakout.

I also played quite a lot of Oblivion for the 360 yesterday. I gotta say, I totally see what Art is talking about now. This game is really fun. My experiences with the previous games was that they were buggy, crash-prone and ugly, and slow-paced. In this one the user experience is very smooth and the graphics are great. Exploring the big dungeons is really fun, and I like the idea of playing a game that isn't too directed for a while. I can see myself digging into this one. Thanks for the loaner Aeryk.

Sick time = video game time. I think I only said about 100 words all weekend.