Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Wow, a plethora of blogtastic delights awaits!

Yeah, Children of Men is great. Especially the scene in the warzone at the end. Don't want to pump it up to much but that was well worth seeing. The scenes of chaos all through the movie rang really true for me, too. Constant Gardener: I've been meaning to see this one based on the reviews. Now that somebody I know has seen it and liked it, I'll add it to the queue!

Aeryk: You should go to the convention on the 11th, 12th, and 13th instead. Because that week up to and until March 7, I will be stressed out as fuck and probably working 20 hours a day trying to get my goddamn project out the door. And after that I will be really happy and probably really drunk. Oh well! Pour one on the curb for me. What kind of convention will this be, anyway?

I haven't tried out Kombat: Kommander: Keurope yet. I have punched about half the chits and read the first two pages of rules... baby steps! I am pretty excited about it. Maybe Enron can help me with it since he has actually played it.

What I also picked up and am actually just as excited about is the expansion for Twilight Imperium (boo...). It addresses a common complaint of the base game by making it more of an out-and-out wargame with some Euro elements, instead of the other way around. It also provides a means to shave about an hour off the front of the game. All changes I'm excited about! Hacan, rrrrrowr!