Sunday, January 21, 2007

Flames of War

What I know is this:

1) It is also known as Warhammer 1944 because it plays a lot like a Warhammer-ish game, but with WWII models. Lots of dice rolling, lots of shooting, lots of mass assaults, etc.

2) It has absolutely top notch support, models, and sourcebooks.

3) It is very popular, and REASONABLY low priced to get into.

4) It is 15mm (Hooray!)

I have the rules and a few sourcebooks (army lists), as well as some of the minis. Denis and I actually made two armies once and I had them all based and primered, then I massacred them for use with our new PBI armies, which I then massacred so i could easily fit the figs in a baggie for storage/moving purposes.

Appendix

a) I could be convinced to play this if the interest is the same as with Warmachine. Though I gotta tell ya, ASL and Combat Commander are better games!