Monday, May 08, 2006

What were you doing then?

I was staring at the blog blankly, began typing something and decided it was trash and deleted it. Started asking what's the point of blogging meaningless thoughts and mundane things I did today and then for some reason, I clicked on the archives. And the meaning hit me like a bus. Even though it was meaningless chatter at the time, being able to read exactly what I was thinking 3 years ago and what I was doing then and being able to reflect it was really cool. I have always wanted to keep a diary of some sort which was always a spotty on-off effort, and it dawned that unknowst to me that I DO have a diary... (duh, no shit?)

I was reading the time when Eric got his first jobby job and Aaron was over my house watching burned DVD's freshly pirated from Netflix. Has it been that long?

So onto my mundane thoughts:

It's really lonely out here. I never imagined it could get much more secluded than my first few years in Fremont. Of course after a few years, I had met some more aquaintances, although in the end there were some really bad relationships and some that were permanently damaged. But it's different here. I can't speak the local Tag- a - log, and it's definitely hard to make friends outside of work either.

The Case of the Maid's Vandetta
Who said low paid indentured servants aren't evil and conniving? So two days ago my malaysian friend and the big boss went back to india and malaysia for reasons. The maid that normally cleans up the place decides that since both her direct bosses are gone that she'd stop cleaning the place and take some liberties. Although I'm sure she's quite aware that she SHOULD still clean the place since i'm still living there. Well I tell the operations manager to have her still come in and sarcastically remarked that she should be there less the dog starve as well. The Op manager sounded really pissed at the maid and told me that she'll write up the maid DESPITE my strong objections. I wanted the maid to just come in, not get her in trouble. Well this morning, I knowingly left my glasses on the front porch of the house thinking I can pick them up in the afternoon. When I return from work later that night, I find them shattered.

First, there's very limited number of people entering the house, limited to me, my 2 malasian friends and the maid. Second, the motive is surely there, and Third, I doubt it was an accident, although chances are, she could have sat on the porch because she was tired, but then you wonder why she wanted to sit on the porch. Maybe she was tired... but normally people don't sit on porches unless they are guests of the house?

Anyways, I'm surprised I wrote this big story. It bothers me in a way I guess of how little these people are, from my experience with that manager, and now this maid. But that could be an overgeneralization as well. I guess most people are conniving and retributional in some way. I could make her life really miserable if I wanted to, even recommend that she gets fired, but I think I'll let the cycle end.

Sorry for the long post! I swear I'll post some stuff more exciting later.

Johnny

P.S Art, wharton? Nice..