Friday, February 03, 2006

I made my first crude 3D animation this week. It was so lame, but so cool to see it in action. Heh. Basically, all I did was create a coffee table, some shit on top of it, a few different kinds of lights and cameras and a table lamp that turned on and off. Wheee! Still, it was neat to see it actually do what it was supposed to. For our term project, we have to story board some kind of animated sequence. I was thinking of doing a sort of "Robo Rally" action scene from the first person. I dunno. I've got many weeks to think about it still, I guess.

On the game-development side of things, we're just about "there" with our first functional beta. The GPA low-poly player model has been completed and is being rigged for compiling as we speak. Can't wait to release those images to the public! It's gunna kick so much ass. I continue to make stupid props like.. beds. And.. textured pipes. We just got two new texure and modelling artists on staff though.. so that's going to be a big boon I think. Now.. if we could only find someone to produce our musical score and thematic loop-tracks!

*looks at Rudemeister*

;-)