Tuesday, January 31, 2006

So, I'm hanging out with my daughter in the morning, reading my history text book while she's playing with some toys a couple feet from me on her little cushy chair. I see her go around the corner briefly into her toy room and come back out a minute later with a wet diaper in hand. Having just changed her a few minutes before, I thought that I had maybe left the thing on the edge of a table instead of throwing it in the trash can or something.. and she was bringing it out to me to be taken care of. So, I took care of it and threw it away.. and we both went back to reading/playing respectively. Well.. another 5-10 minutes later I look over at her and she's making the "poopy" face and I'm thinking, "Another diaper to change in less than 20 minutes, wheeeee!" And, so, when she's done, I say to her, "ok then, let's go get a diaper change!" To which, she does her usual happy exclamation and races me to the play room to the diaper changing table. Now, when I hoist her up to the table and pull up her nightgown.. there's no diaper. In about as much time as it probably took you to read this paragraph and register the gravity of that fact, it all ran through my head in a matter of a few seconds, too. Sure enough, there was a giant baby-log sitting on the seat of her cushy chair. A banner moment in my fledgeling fatherhooderism, for sure.

Thankfully it was a "dry" one.

LOL.