Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Command and Colors: Ancients

So, GMT put out a version of Richard Borg's Command and Colors series, and I, being a sucker for both Battle Cry and Memoir '44, pre-ordered it, and it arrived yesterday!

Mid-range production quality: stiff, folding card map, thin card terrain tiles, desktop publishing artwork feel. However, the pieces are wooden blocks that stand on edge, a la Wizard Kings, but with no fog of war (read: the pictures are on the same on both sides). Anyway, I spent the night sticking on something like 650 stickers.... OMG.

My hand was already suffering from micro-arthritis due to WoW, DS, and painting. Ugh.

Anyway, the game looks good, and the rules are not as simple as Battle Cry and Memoir, so far it feels like a mix between Memoir and DBA. Good stuff!

Also, I got the same keyboard that Enron has. Cool! Blue lights means better keyboard, right? And the only mouse that was large enough to fill my hand up, which is why I think I am having trouble with my hand, because I tend to "spider" my hand on top of the small Microsoft mouse I have, was the Brand Spankin New Logitec LASER Mouse! Gone are the days of Optical, here are the days of Laser!

It's wireless, and I don't know what I feel about that, but I think it is helping my hand a little bit, so that is good. All I know is that Leslie said she would have my balls if I develop a condition because of playing World of Warcraft, so I better start trying to alleviate any problems before they REALLY get started.

Good to see (almost) everyone!

fARTichocke: How is the business plan coming along? We have high hopes of selling the house, there is an apparently "interested" couple checking it out tomorrow. Which means I need to plan a date to come out to Vegas to talk shop. Sweet song, BTW.