Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Warmachine and You

Played a quickie with Denis this weekend, it ended poorly for everyone's favorite hottie, Sorcha. She was unceremoniously shot 8 times in the back while on the ground by some gutless long-gunners while she was recovering from a passing eathquake. Which brings up my next question about Warmachine and you.

Denis and I play our games to the death of the warcaster, and the games seem to end rather shortly, and without any other troops really getting in the mix at all. We both like to see what the casters can do, but it seems the first person to move the caster into a position to really be used effectively, they are counterattacked and smeared across the earth.

While it is fun, it leaves somewhat of a empty feeling when it is all done and said, at least for me. We have these kick ass mini's and all this firepower and brute strength on the board, and it comes down to who moves their caster out from behind the wall of steel first.

Is this your experience, too? Of course, this will all change when we start to play scenarios, and if we ever use two casters. I didn't really follow either game played at GenCon so I don't know how it worked out there.

Either way, it is fun, and I am still addicted, I was just wondering if there Denis and I were missing something, since we only play each other.