Monday, July 25, 2005

Welcome to Freezing San Francisco

Ah, yes, my meatballs are freezing. This morning as I gathered my clothes at my girlfriend's apartment and did the walk of shame to the bus stop, I had time to relish the cold fog and chilly wind. I have to say that given a choice between cold balls and sweaty balls, I'll pick the cold these days.

Much like our Mr. Riot, I also saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I enjoyed it, although it was a little inconsistent. Worth seeing for the animatronic puppet show, alone. And the expressions on Violet's mom's face. Generally the first half was better than the second. King Kong: Jurassic Park looked pretty good but I had a hard time with Jack Black's narration because I kept waiting for the jokes.

I am a big fan of Sideways, myself. I wasn't crazy about About Schmidt, but the same director's Election is one of my favorite movies. Thomas Hayden Church cracks me up. "Dewd, those chicks were hype!" Art, you must have pretty much the same approach to comedy as Aaron, huh? I would advise you to stay well away from The Office, as that is probably the most extreme example of that style of humor.

It was a fun weekend. My muscles are sore from moving Aaron and Aimey's stuff on Saturday but you feel weirdly good after doing something like that. I think you get phenomes from all the exercise (I forget the real word) and also you are so relieved when you're done that you feel great. Aaron, one thought I had was that next time we will just buy a catapult and fire your boxes through the windows.

Oh yeah Art... I'll fire off an email to my coworker Darth and ask him what he thinks!