Friday, April 15, 2005

OK, maybe NO board games is kind of extreme. But long-ass multiplayer games? I wish, then we'd be doing something as a group at least. I actually think the opposite is true, it's rare that we play anything substantial as a group at the cons these days.

JON: Let's play my awesome new German strategy game! We move around colored bits of wood for no reason. Also, we backstab each other.
ERIC: How about my new WWII game? This one has NAZIS in it!

Everybody falls in their own place along the blocks of wood/don't cross the Nazis spectrum but my point is that any two or three of us can figure out something to do but finding something for everyone is impossible. But everybody likes role-playing games and it's been a long-ass time since we played any! So I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Maybe it's not the board games so much, but just that I miss role-playing with you guys.

Update: something weird that happened yesterday that I just thought of

I was at an empty bus stop yesterday, leaning against the pole, when this guy and his friend come up to the stop and start chatting to each other. The first guy stands, completely casually, seriously less than six inches away from me. Way within my personal zone for no reason.

Anyway after a moment they leave and I see the bus coming. I stand out towards the stop and watch the bus approach for a hundred yards, and instead of stopping it just zips right by me. I got a glimpse inside the bus, and it was nowhere near full.

I decided to just walk to my destination and crossed the street. A car turning the corner just missed me, zooming maybe a foot behind my back without even slowing down.

Holy shit, I thought, what if I just turned invisible all of a sudden? I got really paranoid about it and even checked to make sure I still had a shadow.

Weird.

Update: I turned out not to be invisible. Thanks for the concerned emails though!