Thursday, March 03, 2005

So.. uh..


I've got three days until the movers show up.. (OMGWTFSTFU!)

Wow.. freaking out a little bit.

On a positive note.. had a cleaning crew (guy and wife) come over to the house tonight to give me a bid on helping paint a couple of rooms, clean both bathrooms and the kitchen as well as generally clean the rest of the house. I was thinking I'd get something in the ballpark of $400-600 for that kind of work at LEAST.. and the dude thought about it, talked to his wife in Russian for a bit and asked me if $150 would be ok. I said "A HUNDRED AND FIFTY?" (to which, the guy made a facial expression of abject terror, thinking I was saying he was overcharging me..lol).. I told him I wouldn't settle for paying him anything less than $200 and being there myself to lend a hand. Their reaction was kind of a bit of confusion when struck with my counteroffer.. but we shook on it and they'll be over Wednesday morning for breakfast and cleaning.

Man, THAT is a serious load off.. no painting and long hours of scrubbing for me!