Sunday, February 20, 2005

Update

- Also, I was looking to pick up Game of Thrones from iTunes, and it cost like $50. I thought, "okay, this is fair, I mean there is 37 hours of George R.R. Martin 13 year old vs. Drogo perv fantasy audiobook here, sounds like a good deal!" but just to be sure I went to Audible.com to see what they had to offer me. Make a long story short, I got all three books, and an MP3 player for $45 because I am a new Audible member! All I need to do now is cancel my membership once I have downloaded all the parts, and be done with it!

The only problem is that I cannot easily pirate this to others, it is going to require some effort. Audible downloads are in .aa format, and cannot be converted to .mp3, unless I burn the .aa to disk, which is possible, then rip it back to .mp3, which is also possible... of course the first of four parts to Game of Thrones took 7 CD's to burn, and the 3rd book had 6 parts, so I'm looking at close to 80 CD's to make it pirate ready! Or like 10 CD-RW's, dunno which is actually cheaper!

That is my story. Also, playing Memoir '44 with the N scale minis is lots of fun on the original board, Ryan and I can attest to.