Thursday, February 10, 2005

Bidness

Well.. my role thus far has been of two parts.

The Business side has been about establishing Warpigstudios as a legal entity and filing all the appropriate liscensing/registration paperwork to make that so.. and about structuring the nature of Warpigstudios' relationship with the workerbees via an Independent Contractor & Non-Disclosure Agreement. Some folks get paid up front like artists and piecemeal modellers, whereas some folks are being paid on the back end as a percentage of a "profit pool" in a ratio established by the amount of work put into the project in comparison to the total work submitted by the team/project on the whole so as to be as fair and as equitable in distribution/payment as possible.. all of which is contingent upon the project making a net-profit.

The second hat I wear is more of the creative-side.. coming up with game systems and environmental questions/solutions. Pretty soon, as my free time increases, I'm going to be a P.R. fella spending an hour or two a day surfing Al Gore's Intarweb and spreading the good cheer that is BadgeOfBlood.. and another couple hours a day trying my hand at some of the artwork, modelling and skinning stuff.. assuming I can learn the tools, at any rate.

What did you have in mind?

~O.


P.S.. I'm working on figuring out the best way to get Aaaaaaaroneous up here to WA to road-trip down to Vegas with me around mid-March-ish. Anyone so-interested is more than welcome to make it.. but I dunno if my tax-return will stretch far enough to pay for any extra airfare. We could probably make pitstops in SanFran and L.A. to drop people back off, so a one-way ticket is all that would be needed me thinks. Anyway.. if anyone is interested, please perform the truffle-shuffle, video tape it, host it, and post the linky in this blog as application for admission.

Weeeeeeee!