Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Bad Magic News For Eric

So. I picked up a copy of the new 8th edition Core Set that includes two small decks thinking that I might tantalize my lovely wife into playing with me, she consistently kicks my ass at Harry Potter, so I thought I might give it a try. TO no avail. But interestingly enough, there was also included with the cards a CD containg M:TG online, and if I registered, I could get all the cards that came with the game in my online library for free. So I did it and putzed around and became intrigued!

Then I found the 8th Ed Theme decks for purchase, and I did, because the training room is basically all Theme decks being played for practice. I dropped the 9 bucks and bought the white and have played a few games and it is fun!

Now, I know what you are all thinking. But you are paying for non-tangible cards! Who cares? At this point in my life, this is the ONLY way I am ever going to play a game of Magic again, not to mention quite possibly ANY card game as everyone slowly but surely moves away. I could care less if I don't get the cards. In light of moving, the "less clutter" factor also is a big "+" with me too.

So that is all. I am not asking anyone else to play with me, just telling a tale of my first step into the abyss that is Magic, or rather this would be my second step actually....