Thursday, July 15, 2004

Who K? The UK!

So i'm back and it was fun and grueling and I won't bother everyone with the details. I just have some points of general interest and news to post:

- I have another renewed interest for Warmaster. It is a great game and I want to play it again! I still have your army Jon, and Denis you need to buy and paint one! I just started replacing the stolen Empire army and what better unit to begin my new endeavor with than a unit of Knights Panther! And since Enron has nothing going on right now, you should paint those dwarfs or give them to me!

- Speaking of Knights Panther, sometimes I miss that JP guy!

- I bought two computer games in the UK: Cricket 2004 by EA, and NHL Eastside Manager. Have not installed Cricket yet, and the NHL game is awesome Enron! You run the all facets of the team without actually playing any games! I'll send you a copy Enron. You can manage all the major leagues across the globe, and even use fake players! Fun!

- The EZ Flash II GBA cartridge is the best invention known to man. It is even better when combined with the NES Emulator and a bunch of games. I took some other games to the UK with me, but never played them because I fit about 30 NES games along with Bookworm, Onimusha Tactics and Ogre Tactics on one cartridge! I would highly recommend it to everyone! A++++

- We should start a Southern California Cricket Club. I don't know shit about the rules yet, but it seems fun and the English really like it. I'll report more once I play the EA Cricket 2004 game some more, or rather, at all.

- It looks like Blood Bowl is going to be even better when the next edition comes out. No timetable, but the Vault Playtest rules are changing the game for the better; simplified and clarified rules are the result of a new re-focusing on the game and the miniatures line for BB. Throw Teammate has never been easier!

- Warhammer World in Nottingham was a hoot for me to visit. Not only did I get to see the arena the Blood Bowl was played in, but being right there at the GW headquarters was like a lifelong quest fulfilled. I'm obviously not as passionate about GW games as I once was, but it was like a strange outside childhood fantasy finally realized. We stayed there for about an hour and had some lunch and some beers in Bugmans Pub, which is a dwarven themed pub attached to the HQ offices and the gaming hall, and also enjoyed a Bugmans XXXXXX Ale, which is a traditional ale served via pump tap! Awesome! The best part were the kids playing Blood Bowl in the bar as Leslie and I ate. I had the Space Marine Special which is a chicken, ham and cheese paninni. Cool... more later maybe.

- Hi Mike! We missed out on Hogwarts, so maybe we can go back for the Blood Bowl tournament next year and you can show us around!

- Long plane rides suck ass. However, I did get to see Shaun of the Dead, which was a great British undead comedy. Check it out if you can.

- Wow, that was long. More to say later.