Friday, June 25, 2004

No German Toys In Toys R Us

- Read an interesting thread in the Days of Wonder forums: there are no pro-german toys in Toys R Us because TRU is owned and operated by a Jewish group. Interesting, no? They have pulled virtually all of their WWII toys and refuse to stock Memoir '44, only in the US, it is fine in France, which leads me to believe there is some sort of franchise, multi-national separation exists within the company. But anyway, no games where you can play as Germans (Axis and Allies included!), and no toys that "glorify" or represent Germans in a way that can be "played as", ie a German WWII action figure. Also, its cool to stock Medal of Honor for console systems 'cause you don't play as a German, and infact you murder them wantonly throughout the game, so it's all good.

- I think I broke my toe this afternoon after I stubbed the fucker on one of our kitchen stools. It is teh sucks.

- Mario Golf Advanced looks better than Mario Golf Color, but so far it plays way differently and I am sad. I bought it for the GBA to take to England, so MG can be played on two European vacations, and I will draw my conclusions when I return. But for now, change is bad; like the difference between Sim City I and II. SOOOO different!

- Saturday is the day of games this weekend! With a small 3 hour window of games on sunday for the ex-D&D group. It's a mini-con at Eric's!