Monday, April 19, 2004

RUDE DOG gets a record deal ... maybe

hey guys - im in a crazy mood right now. About 3 weeks ago or so, me and my dude dorian sent out copies of my 2 cds (the solo one and the one with dore) to about 30 labels that do this kind of music. Well, I got a reply from one label so far, groove gravy records and I just talked to the guy on the phone, and he's interested in doing a record with me! He liked about 5 or 6 of my beats, and he said he'd like to do a "HighEnd" album (thats my stage name) with those 6 tracks (polished up) and then maybe 6 more (for a total of 12 songs.) YIKES! He's gonna draw up a proposal for me, and he said there would be like a $2k advance. It's a small label, and their releases sell between 2000 copies to 10,000 copies, so it could potentially turn into something big (as far as small labels go.) YIKES! I'm totally bugged out. I have a friend who works in the "biz" and she's gonna do some research for me to find out about this guy, but what do u guys think? I think it sounds pretty friggin awesome but i'm still all freaked out n shit.

it's like WHOA.