Thursday, December 18, 2003

Good idea Elrock.

18K? Damn. I want one still. Mike, go steal one at the next dig. I am sure there is one just waiting for our personal use. In other notes... Jon? Jon didnt go to the Bachelor party remember? I think Dean organized things. Stupid Jon got lost in the bathroom or something. Twas a good time had by all. I am glad that you enjoyed your eve of debauchery.

5100 ppl. That sounds about right, but still was well under the anticipated amound of 13K. At least that was a rumor around our group as to the expected turnout. Hopefully the GenCon SoCal will fill out in years to come and the Union will not scare away the vendors. Bastages. Speaking of which I would not be surprised if the union workers dont get screwed out of the Vons deal. In a city like LA, companies just do not have issues with hiring scabs. Go Union Bloat.

More notes/comments on GenCon:

+ The con did seem a tad heavy on cards, but the dealer-room-onovich didnt seem to reflect that. There were only a few tables. However, I was very disappointed at the lack of representation of minitures games. There are by far more at Strategicon events.

+ Speaking of... Do you think GenCon will have an effect on Strategicon events? I would hope it would have a positive effect on the event by bringing gaming back to the attention californian gamers. Yet, I am still fearful that it will not have any effect.

+ True Dungeon was definately a great event. How many years have any of us dreamed of a real life dungeon crawl like that. Kudos to mike for getting the tickets. Kudos for whoever discovered the event.

+ The Ripley Quote, Priceless. "Ease back Ripley, Thou art only grinding upon metal. Thou hast broken thine transaxle." Or something to that effect. Gotta love JP in his element.

+ Carrie, my sister. Dancing? Yeah... All of you... Assholes! But funny assholes.

sidenote: KublaCon this next May 28-31? Johnny and I are interested. Takers? For those of you who are not Elrock, Ja-eL, or I: KublaCon was very fun last year. Mo Betta than Strategicon.

OhshitnowImbooooored!