Sunday, November 23, 2003

"Don't be a pedophile, touch all the little kids!" - BR

Comeon dude - watchin' 13 year olds dance around - ehhhh.

I've been busy with work mostly - we're making ALL the Academy Award screeners (VHS this year) and its a 24/7 project thats gonna go on till mid December. Because of all the super-fear of piracy, here's how it works. I'll use the movie 13 as an example.

We make 1 dvd of the movie Thirteen with an individual barcode.
With that 1 dvd, we copy it to 1 VHS tape with another individual barcode.
The dvd and tape are scanned together so they know exactly what dvd made what tape.
We then destroy the original dvd with this pretty cool dvd/cd "shredder" kind of machine.
The lucky academy member gets the vhs tape in the mail.
I think there's something like 130,000 tapes that need to be made by mid-december.

I left out a LOT of scanning. Seriously, you scan EVERYTHING all the time. There's a security guard that pats you down whenever you leave the CAGED work area that has been dubbed "Thunderdome." Pretty crazy. LOTS of fucking overtime (and double-time), so even though the work is total Gungo-Ho: The Movie style car-plant stylee, its worth it for all the extra cheese.

My Scion is still fun to ride. Also still liking my girlfriend. I was SO into BB but then people stopped playing and I never reinstalled it on my new computer. Saw Gothika last night and it was Suckitha. Heard about this Japanese horror movie called "The Eye" which sounds FREAKY! Wanna see that.

JAEL - Don't get no h00x0rz!