Sunday, October 05, 2003

Man, I miss and don't miss having a PC. On the one hand, I got a lot of fun from computer games. On the other hand, I got too much fun from computer games. Half Life 2 will probably be the r0x0rs. I'm looking forward to Thief 3 as well. My impression of Doom3 is that it will be fun and pretty but not too different from the other Doom/Quake games. That's not a terrible thing, but by the time Quake 2 rolled around, fun as it was, I was a little tired of the formula. Oh, shit... satanic heads on walls inside of pentagrams.

I played Bingo the other night. It was fun as hell! It was me and about 150 old people. When somebody was about to win a loud murmur would arise like angry bees. The few times somebody called "Bingo" incorrectly, angry old women shouted in cranky rage. I didn't win anything, but I did have a chili boat.

As soon as I'm done with Perdido Street Station (I'm on page 446/710, averaging 30 pages a day) I'll start up with Quicksilver and let people know. Why are there so many books? And why are they all so long?

That Diamond book sounds interesting. I've heard some pretty fucked-up stories about the diamond mining industry. "Here's your ring, honey! The diamonds were found by a slave who had his arms chopped off! It is a sign of my love."

Don't forget to vote for Arnold on Tuesday! He said he's going to fight for women's issues!

(Have you guys heard the sound bite where he apologized to the crowd? And right as he says, "...so I'm sorry for that," the crowd starts cheering, started by some total asshole sounding guy who goes "YEEEEE-AH!" I've been hearing that guy say "Yeeee-ah!" in my head all day.)