Sunday, October 05, 2003

I Feel I Need to Say Something...

...as I am the only one that can be looked at as Satan's Incarnate for having given a diamond ring to anyone. The diamond I bought is called a Polar Bear Diamond, and it is mined in Canada in a controlled, gov't regulated mine. This whole Conflict Diamond issue was a big one with Leslie and I (as well as with her brother and his wife). We did our research and one of the only ways to REALLY know where your diamond comes from is to to get one of these Polar bear Diamonds. They have a history included with them including mined date, location, original size, who cut it and everything inbetween. I believe they are even registered with the Canadian gov't. You don't hear about these so much because DeBeers is SO HUGE and has SO MANY subsidiaries and back-scratchers that they seem to do a pretty good job of keeping it quiet (see Grassolean). Also, the polar bears cost more, and no one wants to pay more money to keep their conscience clear it appears.

That is all. Denis, Peter and I played Crossfire today and it was fun. I also picked up Temple of Elemental Evil, but have not palyed it yet. Report to follow later. maybe.